This Site is owned and operated by Tamsal Holdings PTY LTD ATF Tamsal Holdings Unit Trust.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or products and services offered on or through it.
2. Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information from you or from third parties, such as:
- Your full name;
- contact details including residential and postal address;
- telephone numbers (home, work and mobile);
- email address;
- credit card information;
- preferences and opinions;
- demographic information;
- details of products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, and our response;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you.
The information may not however be limited to the above and additional information may be required during our course of business with you.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
3. How we collect personal information
Unless it is impractical to do so, you will be made fully aware when any personal information is required.
We do this in the following ways:
- When you register your details with us or on our Site
- when you log in to and use our Site;
- during conversations with our staff;
- when you complete a purchase order online, register an account, or make any other request for our merchandise (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly by email, telephone, mail or any other means; and
- through a third party if you have consented or from public sources such as Sites or telephone directories.
4. Purposes for collection
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for a legitimate purpose of carrying out our business activities.
We may use your personal information for business related purposes, including (without limitation) the following:
- to enable you to access and use our Site and any associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to provide you with the merchandise you have ordered from us;
- to communicate with you about our products and special offers and events which might be of interest to you;
- to notify you of upcoming promotions;
- to answer any questions you may have regarding your order or our merchandise in general and to provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, contracts for the sale of merchandise, accounts and tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties (such as couriers and fulfilment providers) that assist us in delivering to you the merchandise you have ordered from us;
- carry out administration, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities;
- for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve our Site and any associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information and about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to facilitate our internal management;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
5. Sharing of information
We may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
6. Your Consent
Providing us with your personal information is optional to you.
If you provide your consent to us doing so, we may use your personal information in order to keep you up to date with information about us and our products and services, or to provide you with special offers. You can opt out from receiving promotional material from us at any time by emailing us and requesting to be removed from our mailing lists.
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
When you access our Site we may use a feature of your browser called a “Cookie”. A Cookie is a piece of information that a Site sends to your browser. Cookies are used to add functionality, track Site usage and to enable us to personalise your visit to our Site. Cookies do not in themselves identify you, rather, they identify your computer’s browser. We may also use Cookie technology to track the number of visitors to our Site in an aggregate form. Personally identifiable information is not extracted or collected in this process. You may set your computer browser to disable Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent. If you disable Cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Site and certain features may not be available.
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
8. Disclosure of personal information
Disclosure of your personal information will only be made in circumstances where:
- it is done for the purpose for which it was collected;
- we are required to make such disclosure by law;
- you expressly consent to us making such disclosure; and
9. Accessing your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We will at all times endeavour to assist you in respect of any queries you may have in relation to your personal information, however we may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you wish to access, verify, correct or update any of your personal information collected by us, please contact us via email.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
10. Information security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. We will at all times take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where personal information is held by us (or on our behalf) in electronic or physical form, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is protected by several layers of encryption and several layers of security to prevent unauthorised access.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
11. Secured Payment
When you place orders, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
Furthermore, all of the sensitive customer data is protected by several layers of encryption and several layers of security to prevent unauthorised access. This ensures that you will be happy with the security of your transaction. All credit card payments are processed securely through the ANZ payment gateway. Payment by credit card is the fastest way to receive your order as there is no clearance delay.
We do not store any credit card information on our servers.
12. Making a complaint
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. Once the Privacy Officer receives a complaint, the Privacy Officer will promptly investigate the alleged breach. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it may have occurred. It may be necessary to contact you during the investigation to seek clarification. If a breach is found, the investigator will advise management so that systems can be put in place to ensure that no further breaches occur. We will endeavour to resolve any investigations within a reasonable time and will contact you with the outcome of the investigation and what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Tamsal Holdings Pty Ltd ATF Tamsal Holdings Unit Trust (trading as Speedheat Australia)
11/35 Garden Road, Clayton, VIC 3168
Contact Person: Sally Higgs
Title: General Manager
(03) 9596 9385